About Me Contact Adoption Stories My Grace filled Mess Image Map
Home Why Hire CAC Lactation Counseling More on adoption Image Map

Thursday, August 30, 2012

An Ending and a Beginning

The end of this week marks the end of Hannah's Dream Adoptions. It's been an amazing ride these past three years and I wouldn't trade it for the world.


The Dream Team together for coffee one last time


I'll miss it like crazy. I'll miss sitting for hours with birth mamas over coffee listening to their hearts and their struggles.  I'll miss sitting with adoptive families and hearing their stories and passion for life. I'll miss hollering back and forth with my team in the office and laughing hysterically. But I'll definitely miss this the most.

Change is good they tell me. I'm not so sure after the privilege of working at Hannah's Dream.

But I'm on to something new. 48 hours after I found out about Hannah's Dream I was hired on as a consultant at Christian Adoption Consultants. I work advising, guiding, and supporting families through their entire adoption journey. For more on what I do, check out this post. I've been consulting for almost two years now through Hannah's Dream and this seemed like the next logical step. CAC is an amazing company launched in 2004 with a heart for adoption and Christ-centered service.  

It's an awesome gig. I'm blessed with a flexible schedule working from home or Starbucks and can focus on my family. I can answer calls, blog, and email all in the midst of throwing a load of laundry in or taking a break to volunteer at the kids school. And I get the amazing opportunity to help families be created. To work for LIFE.  It's thrilling to be a part of God's story.

So here's to change. Here's to adoption. And here's to LIFE.  

I'm thankful I can still say I have the best job ever.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...