About Me Contact Adoption Stories My Grace filled Mess Image Map
Home Why Hire CAC Lactation Counseling More on adoption Image Map

Wednesday, June 19, 2013

The Daddy at Our House

Father's Day has come and gone and I feel like I missed the boat.  But I didn't want to miss the chance to tell you a little bit about the Daddy in our house that we celebrated over the weekend.  Better late than never... 


This year, we celebrated Jamy.  I love the father he is to our kids.  

On Saturday the kids and I braved the huge thunderstorms in KC and bought him a TV he's been wanting. (I found out  later Jamy actually snuck around the house hoping to find his flat screen.) Then came the big question: what do you want to do for dinner? Jamy quickly came to the conclusion that instead of going out for dinner, he'd rather have nice steak grilled at the house. I sheepishly offered to make it. And he ever so kindly and gently said he could. (If you don't know by know, Jamy is the chef in our family and I am a FAR second.) I even offered to do the grocery shopping for the big meal, but that was a no go either. So Jamy ended up cooking his own elaborate Father's Day meal complete with Jack Daniels steaks, potatoes with bacon, grilled veggies, and homemade strawberry shortcake. Thankfully, he loves to cook to this was somehow a gift in itself. (Seriously, how did I manage that?!)

But I'm sure these are the gifts he'll cherish most. Handmade cards by the kids and even a glow stick message.




I love the gift he's given us. A picture of what it looks like to be a follower of Jesus in every sense of the word. Humble and brave enough to repent and stick with it when things are messy and hard. A servant who prepares  meals, mows the lawn, takes out the trash, and stays up late when he's exhausted to spend time with us. He comes home from work and throws kids on the couch, cooks an amazing dinner, reads stories with crazy voices, and tucks kids in with blessings over them.


This year we celebrated a strong daddy. A daddy who was courageous enough to fight for his family and his faith. A daddy who models what redemption looks like right here in our living room and a Heavenly Father who loves big.

Happy Father's Day, Jamy. I wanted to make sure I said it even if it is a little late.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...