About Me Contact Adoption Stories My Grace filled Mess Image Map
Home Why Hire CAC Lactation Counseling More on adoption Image Map

Tuesday, March 18, 2014

Bella's Long Hair and Big Heart


Last Friday I took the kids to get haircuts. Jackson was well past acceptable dress code at Whitefield and Isabelle was thrilled to finally be getting the shorter style she'd been wanting. I've only trusted one stylist with my kids hair in Kansas City. We've literally followed Sheldon to three different salons and she gave Jackson his first haircut.


When she hopped in the chair, we discovered her hair was long enough to donate if she wanted to go a little shorter. With no hesitation, Bella's eyes twinkled as she said "Let's do it!"


I watched as my sweet girl got 10 inches cut off of her hair, thrilled that she was able to help another little girl.

Before and Afters (also the difference between boys and girls)

We decided to donate her hair to Wigs for Kids. Wigs for Kids provides no cost hair replacement systems for children who have lost their hair due to chemotherapy, radiation therapy, and other medical issues at no cost (while other services provide this at a cost to children and their families).



I love that Isabelle was able to provide some other little girl not just with hair, but with self-confidence. I'm sure somewhere in just a few months, there will be another sweet girl with hair that matches my daughter's, and a smile just as wide.

1 comment:

  1. First of all, I’d like to say that your little ones are all so adorable. It’s wonderful to know that Bella is willing to share her hair for a good cause. Involving your kid in charity work is a very good practice. Thank you for sharing such a lovely post! God bless you and your family and good luck with your future endeavors!

    Byron Brewer @ Knight and Sanders

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...