About Me Contact Adoption Stories My Grace filled Mess Image Map
Home Why Hire CAC Lactation Counseling More on adoption Image Map

Tuesday, June 7, 2016

Adoption Story: Wes and Kim

Wes and Kim already knew the beauty of adoption when they started with Christian Adoption Consultants last summer. Their son, Gus, came to them through adoption and they decided they were ready to start the process for a second time. Gus' adoption was a fast-paced whirlwind. So when this adoption held unfamiliar waiting, Kim and I ended up chatting a lot about trusting God's timing. The day after Wes and Kim's daughter was born, I received this beautiful note:

I can never say thank you enough for everything. When we had been shown to fourteen expectant moms and all "no's," I remember you saying we can't think about all the risks but think about what if. When the situations were coming in with such high at risks or undisclosed birthfather and this and that, I seriously never thought we would add to our family. However this was the perfect one for us.


"R" is a wonder and a brave birthmom. So young but has many goals in life and we couldn't be more proud of her. We were able to spend the afternoon with her and her mom yesterday and let me say, I was scared. All I kept thinking is they wouldn't like us or we would do something they wouldn't do and change her mind. But it was wonderful and I couldn't have been more sure this was the right baby for us. The connection we have with R her mom is very good. Even with the signing of papers pushed back three times due to different reasons, I knew after spending an hour with birthmom it was all ok.

Our hearts are overflowing with love for Grace but breaking for the birth family. I know they are hurting... We will keep praying for her peace and comfort as we have a new friendship and love for someone just met.

Again, we can't ever say thank you enough for the support and prayers when we really thought this was all impossible.

God bless and thank you.

Love,

Kim, Wes, Gus, and Grace


No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...