About Me Contact Adoption Stories My Grace filled Mess Image Map
Home Why Hire CAC Lactation Counseling More on adoption Image Map

Thursday, February 10, 2022

Adoption Story: Adam and Amye

It was a joy walking with Adam and Amy on their journey to their son. When they started with Christian Adoption Consultants, they didn't know what was in store. After the struggles, the waiting, the praying, today Amye shares what it's like to look back on their journey.

“The pain that you’ve been feeling can’t compare to the joy that is coming.” Romans 8:18 

From our first failed round of IVF to our first “not yet,” those were the words I turned to over and over again. While true, those words brought much needed comfort on the most difficult of days, I’d be lying if I said I never struggled with believing them.


After nearly two years of infertility struggles, we had a new found hope in adoption, and were so very excited at the thought of growing our family in this most special of ways. As we approached a year of being “in the wait” and countless “not yets;” however, I began to feel that hope and excitement fade. But, as He always does, in His perfect time, almost nine months exactly (my mom pointed out) from our first time presenting, we got our YES!

I can’t tell you how many times we read in others testimonials or were told to “trust the process” and that “it will all be worth it.”  Well, as cliche as it sounds, we can attest that there is nothing more true! 

When I had the absolute honor to speak with our sons birth mom, she told me “I am so glad the others didn’t choose you, because I know you were meant for me.” And you know what? I am so glad too, because while I didn’t think the day would ever come, I can without a doubt, 100 percent, tell you that we would not change a single thing that led us to this child we are blessed  to call our own.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...