About Me Contact Adoption Stories My Grace filled Mess Image Map
Home Why Hire CAC Lactation Counseling More on adoption Image Map

Thursday, November 8, 2012

I Met My Husband for the First Time

November 15, 2011.  That's when I met my husband for the first time.


What?  

Some of you know our story. I first spotted him at the snack bar on a church campground when I was 13 and he was 15.  He was scooping ice cream for customers and I had a funny feeling, even at 13, that he would change my world.

And he did. Over the next few years we became friends, then inseparable best friends, then a dating couple, then married. We knew everything about each other inside and out; our quirks and habits, our joys and fears, our dreams and faith.

At least that's what I thought.

The reality was I knew almost everything. But nothing at the same time since there was a huge part of him struggling and wrestling.

So I met him, all of him, about this time last year. After knowing him for almost twenty years, he was brave enough to introduce me to what he thought would end it all. He was courageous enough to finally speak the truth and it's made all the difference.


Don't get me wrong. The truth was painful and hard and ugly. It was devastating to our family. It was the deepest hurt I've ever experienced.

But true healing, peace, and redemption can only come after truth. And now I'm free to love all of him the way Christ loves me; despite my failures and shortcomings. While I was learning who he really was, I was also able to be honest about myself. While dealing with the reality of my husband's sin, I also needed to deal with my own. Because I'm just as much in need of a Savior as he is.

It's funny to think that after 20 years, I've only really known Jamy for a few months. But the man he is today I wouldn't trade for any other. The truth has truly set him free to love our family well.


He is an amazing Daddy: attentive to our kids and their hearts. Wrestling with them, reading to them, teaching them, and answering their never-ending questions with godly wisdom.

He is a wonderful husband: engaged with me and willing to fight for our marriage. Willing to put himself second daily and ensuring I feel loved and cared for.

I love this man I've met. And I'm so glad we happen to be married.

3 comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...