About Me Contact Adoption Stories My Grace filled Mess Image Map
Home Why Hire CAC Lactation Counseling More on adoption Image Map

Thursday, March 16, 2017

What Adoption Has Taught Me About Love

In my work as an adoption consultant, I have the honor of walking alongside couples on their journey to build their family through adoption. I partner with adoptive families for the entirety of their adoption: starting with the home study and sometimes for years afterwards. I watch in awe as they pray, wait, dream, and work to answer the call they have to adopt. We pray together for birth families and babies and we laugh together at God's crazy timing and overwhelming faithfulness. My role as a counselor, educator, and advisor has been incredibly rewarding.



But walking with these families, day in and day out over the years, has probably taught me more than I have ever taught them. I’ve come to the table with information and insights, but, if I’m honest, I’ve learned much more about the important stuff of life from them.

Here’s a few of those important lessons adoptive families have taught me along the way...

READ THE REST OF MY POST HERE: Michelle Madrid-Branch

Michelle is an author and speaker with a strong voice in the adoption community as an adoptee and adoptive mother. Take awhile to take a peek at her website empowering women, advocating for adoption, and strengthening communities. I'm honored to have a chance to share in her space today!


No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...