About Me Contact Adoption Stories My Grace filled Mess Image Map
Home Why Hire CAC Lactation Counseling More on adoption Image Map

Monday, January 4, 2021

Adoption Story: Ryan and Jenny

When my phone lights up with a text from Jenny, I know I'm about to see the sweetest baby face and an update with how things are going. Just today I got a video filled with baby giggles, adoring siblings, and a family who grew from five to six in seven months. 

Jenny shares today about their adoption and specifically their experience working with Christian Adoption Consultants.


When the Lord spoke, we moved. Quite literally we moved into a home that would accommodate a family of six. Our yes to the Lord had to couple with some very practical next steps - like moving. The second step we took was to pick up the phone and call Susan. One of our dear friends recommended Susan after she walked with her through two adoptions. Because I trusted Amanda, I trusted Susan. Beyond the network of vetted, ethical agencies that Christian Adoption Consultants (CAC) connected us with, which of course was an asset, it has been Susan's calm, wise counsel through each step that has been invaluable. 

As I sat with a lump in my throat, staring at a blinking cursor trying to find the words to write my first letter to an expectant momma, it was Susan I called. When I was felt disheartened by yet another "not yet" after presenting to a situation, it was Susan I called. She has continually brought the voice of the Lord to our journey, as unique as it has turned out to be. Her wisdom from years of serving in the world of adoption was an anchor and compass through some of the hardest days. She would relentlessly tell me, "God is orchestrating this. You will not miss the baby He wants to entrust to you." It became a declaration through the matching phase that was much more emotionally costly than I expected. 

I am forever grateful for the way CAC led, served, and continues to celebrate alongside our family as we started our adoption journey last November and now - just a year later - are just weeks away from finalization. Our arms are full, our hearts expanded, and our family complete. God has done more than words can aptly express and I'm still trying to find the right ones to share more. But for now, I can say with the deepest appreciation that Susan and the team at CAC have been an invaluable partner in the journey to welcome home our little one and I am forever grateful for their role in what God has been orchestrating in our family. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...