About Me Contact Adoption Stories My Grace filled Mess Image Map
Home Why Hire CAC Lactation Counseling More on adoption Image Map

Tuesday, September 18, 2012

She's 7 Today

Isa, last night I put you to bed with a kiss and a blessing and you were 6. And this morning you woke up and now you're 7. I love that today is a day to celebrate you: your life and you're amazing addition and blessing to our family.



You are spunky and sassy. This sometimes leads to trouble but mostly it leads to my eyes wide at your wit and humor. You make me and your daddy laugh like crazy and remind me to giggle. You already know how to be sarcastic and toss your hair and wiggle your eyebrows when you ask me a question hoping things will go your way.


You love passionately. You do everything with gusto. You are fierce in your compassion and friendship and belief in justice and God's love.


You are eager to learn about the world around you. You devour books and begin conversations with, "Mom, did you know..." And the crazy thing is, I don't. You've started to ask questions I don't know the answers to. Or questions I do know the answers to but don't want to tell you quite yet. You teach me a ton about life, about how to be a good mama, about how to appreciate small things and big things I sometimes don't notice.


Happy birthday, sweet girl.  I can't wait to see what this year will hold...

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...