About Me Contact Adoption Stories My Grace filled Mess Image Map
Home Why Hire CAC Lactation Counseling More on adoption Image Map

Thursday, November 22, 2012

Thank Full

My heart is overflowing this morning. This Thanksgiving seems more significant than past years. Probably because of all we've been through the past year. Right now my kitchen is full: Jamy is prepping for dinner, my dad and younger brother are chatting sports.  Jackson and my sister-in-law are playing with pearler beads. My mom is teaching Isabelle to knit on the couch. The Macy's Thanksgiving Day Parade is playing in the background. And I am sitting here taking it all in and feeling blessed.


I'm thankful for my husband. This time last year we had Thanksgiving without him. This year he's cooking in the kitchen. We've found ourselves often sharing knowing smiles, thankful that we ended up of this side of the craziness and that God has been so faithful.

I'm thankful for my kids. They've taught me more about my strengths and weaknesses than anyone or anything else. They make me laugh out loud at their antics and wit and honesty. They love others with selfless compassion and are learning to trust Jesus.




I'm thankful for our church. Redeemer exists to see God cultivate communities of transformed disciples who live for the glory of God and the good of the city. Our church has diligently preached the gospel in a way that has changed our family and provided true community.

I'm thankful for my job. In my role as a social worker and Adoption Consultant I see first hand the sacrifice adoption comes with. I've counseled birth mamas and been in delivery rooms as they choose life. I work with adoptive families across the country every day who are not only passionate about children, but just as passionate about loving the birth parents well and ensuring they get the best care. Watching this play out with each family is always a gift.





I'm thankful for Jesus.  He has done incredible work in our family since our last Thanksgiving. Trusting Him has made all the difference.  He truly is the giver of all good gifts.  


Today I'm not missing the opportunity to be thank full.  

2 comments:

  1. I am thankful for YOU, friend. And thankful that God has redeemed your holiday season this year.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...