About Me Contact Adoption Stories My Grace filled Mess Image Map
Home Why Hire CAC Lactation Counseling More on adoption Image Map

Thursday, January 31, 2013

It's Been One Year

It's been one year since this happened.


There's so much in my heart today that I'm finding way too difficult to express. It's hard to put into words all that's happened in the past year. There was a long season in my life where friends would ask how we're doing and I would give a half-smile and admit that things were still really rough. It's only been in the last few months that I can respond to a "how are you?" with a genuine "great." I can honestly tell you that we're doing  really well. We're still fighting for our family, but it's less of a struggle and more of a conscious effort to cling to God and each other. Our marriage is stronger. Our family is happier. Our faith is deeper. Our hope did not disappoint.


The week when everything began, I was sitting in a restaurant across the table from a friend who had a similar story. She looked at me with tears in her eyes and said she was honestly thankful for the struggle in her marriage and her husband's issues. I looked at her like she was crazy and thought I would never share her affection for the hell I was walking through.


It's been amazing how God has worked in just one short year. And I am thankful for what we went though. I'm not thankful for sin that ruins hearts and lives. But I'm so grateful that God can use all of the ugliness and mess that was us just 15 months ago and use it for our good and His glory. He's rebuilding the ruins.

Today, we're celebrating hearts changed, our family saved, and God's amazing grace. It's a good day for the VanSyckles. 


                                                 Photography by Jeremy and Ashley Parsons

For more of our story, head here.  

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...