About Me Contact Adoption Stories My Grace filled Mess Image Map
Home Why Hire CAC Lactation Counseling More on adoption Image Map

Thursday, December 20, 2012

A Little Latin, A Lot of Cuteness, & A Good Reminder

Last weekend Whitefield Academy had their annual Christmas Concert.


It was full of what most kid Christmas concerts include: crying little ones, the girl who must scream the words to the songs. Jackson even had a sweet little girl in front of him who looked to be doing an interpretive dance to every song. Isabelle's best friend conveniently hitched up her tights in the front row. I'm thankful another mama was able to tuck Jack's shirt tails in before the kinders got on stage.


The wonderful and horrible part of the Christmas concert is that it includes the entire school, Pre-K through 12th grade in one night. I love getting a chance to see all of the students who are crazy talented. But one big drawback: after 3rd grade the entire thing is in Latin. This means a full two hours of trying to explain what is being sung to my kiddos who are trying to sit still. Basically: not happening (the sitting still part - the Latin happened all night).


But in the end it was worth it. We celebrated Christ's birth with our school that has become like family. And in the wake of the tragedy in Connecticut that morning, I was especially thankful that I was watching my kindergartner and first grader sing their little hearts out.

This part made me cry.


Such a good reminder of what Christmas is really all about. Christ came as a baby. And he'll return a conqueror. I needed to hear this on December 14, 2012 as we live in the horror and beauty of these two advents.

But the angel said to them, "Do not be afraid. I bring you good news of great joy that will be for all the people..."

2 comments:

  1. I am pretty sure that A. I was the girl singing at the top of her lungs in every church Sunday School performance and that B. my little Finley will likely be following in my footsteps :)

    So impressed with how nicely your kids are growing. I remember when you were pregnant with Jackson and I borrowed your pants that couldn't fit you anymore ;)

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...