About Me Contact Adoption Stories My Grace filled Mess Image Map
Home Why Hire CAC Lactation Counseling More on adoption Image Map

Wednesday, December 12, 2012

Pure Joy

I stumbled across this amazing video today.

This adoptive father made a moving statement when talking about what our culture values and the cost of adoption:
The pure joy that will come from the rescue and a ransom of a child's life is probably the most satisfying thing you can imagine.
It reminds me of a powerful quote from another amazing adoptive father, Derek Loux who said:
My friends, adoption is redemption. It’s costly, exhausting, expensive, and outrageous. Buying back lives costs so much. When God set out to redeem us, it killed Him.  And when He redeems us, we can’t even really appreciate or comprehend it, just like Dimitri will never comprehend or fully appreciate what is about to happen to him … but … he will live in the fruit of it. As his Daddy, I will never expect him to understand all of this or even to thank me. I just want to watch him live in the benefits of my love and experience the joys of being an heir in my family. This is how our heavenly “Papa” feels towards us.

Is adoption hard?  Yes.  

Is adoption costly?  Yes.

Is adoption worth it?  A thousand times yes.  Just ask these kids.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...