About Me Contact Adoption Stories My Grace filled Mess Image Map
Home Why Hire CAC Lactation Counseling More on adoption Image Map

Tuesday, April 22, 2014

Congratulations Tory and Carrie


Tory and Carrie started with Christian Adoption Consultants in November and were matched just two weeks later. Earlier this month, this precious girl arrived on the scene and it didn't take long for her to steal their hearts.


Tory and Carrie spent months getting to know their expectant mother and the weightiness of adoption is not lost on them. The magnitude of sacrifice. The depth of the bittersweetness of it all.

Carrie sums it up well on her blog this way: 

We are feeling a combination of absolute love, and sadness, and guilt. Adoption is a strange beast. It makes families by subtracting from another. Even though the decision was right for [our birth parents], it wasn’t easy, and they will grieve for a long time.

I found a quote that I think sums it up perfectly: “A child born to another woman calls me mommy. The magnitude of that tragedy and the depth of that privilege are not lost on me.”

I am beyond privileged to be chosen to be Audrey’s mother. God guided [her birth mother] and I toward each other and we will be forever linked.

I will love Audrey with all of my being for the rest of her life.


I'm so thankful God chose Tory and Carrie to be parents to this sweet girl through adoption! I'm sure she will grow up knowing the enormous love she has from her birth family and her adoptive family.


You can find more of Tory and Carrie's adoption story at her blog, Recipes for Lemons.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...